The Library is located with the Undergraduate Centre and provides services to Health Board staff & placement students
Royal Gwent Hospital Library
Opened in the 1960s the library moved to its current site with the Undergraduate Centre in 2009. Staffing consists of two professionally qualified librarians and two library assistants. Royal Gwent Hospital Library is part of Aneurin Bevan Health Board.
Library Facilities / Access
Access is available to all NHS Wales staff and to students on placement.
Study and IT facilities :
'- There are 38 study spaces
- The library has 28 NHS PCs available 24/7 with 1 networked printer
- Cardiff University Citrix links are available on these PCs
- Eduroam and The Cloud Wi-Fi available free
Main Services :
'- Literature Searching
- Evidence based healthcare support
- Article supply
- Book loans and requests
- Information literacy support including training in database use (Please call or email to pre-book a session with a librarian)
- Regular Evidence Updates
- Binding service (small charge)
- Photocopying & printing
Joining the Library
Borrowing Books :
Literature Searches :
Article and eJournal Access :
Evidence Summaries :
Current Awareness :
Out of hours Access / Arrangements:
24 Hour Access is available to both the Library and Computer Room with an activated staff ID badge.
Library Contact Details
Please contact us if you have any queries about the library service and we will be happy to help.
Royal Gwent Hospital
Librarian Contact Details
Miss Elizabeth Field
Mrs Kate Osbourne