POWYS LIBRARY SERVICE
The Library provides services to all staff working for Powys Teaching Health Board and Powys primary care services, including students on placement.
Powys Teaching Health Board Library
The Library is located in Ennig Block and provides services to healthcare professionals and students on placement in Powys THB and Primary Care services across Powys.
Library Facilities / Access
Access is available to all staff and students of Powys Teaching Health Board and Powys primary careorganisations. Staff and students from other Powys organisations - by prior arrangement.
Study and IT facilities :
'- 12 study spaces
- 8 networked computers
- Powys Guest wifi available for those wishing to use own devices (simple registration process)
- Printer/copier/scanner (some charges for certain services)
Main Services :
'- Enquiry Service
- Literature Searches
- Information Searching Skills training (face-to-face and virtually via MS Teams or Skype)
- Library drop-in sessions at sites across Powys
- Current Awareness Service
- Book loans from collection held at Bronllys
- Photocopies/scanned copies of journal articles held at Bronllys
- Request service for books or journal articles held by other libraries
- Self-service photocopying
- Support for Revalidation and Reflective Practice
- Subject guides detailing useful resources by specialities and user guides to using the various electronic resources available in Powys and via the NHS Wales e-Library for Health.
Joining the Library
Borrowing Books :
Literature Searches :
Article and eJournal Access :
Evidence Summaries :
Current Awareness :
Out of hours Access / Arrangements:
Access is available 24 hours a day for medical staff and medical students on placement. A keycode is required; please ask staff for details.
Librarian Contact Details
Library Service Manager